Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Finished (FINALLY!)

The Triple B, in all it's colorful goodness.



I have been waiting forever to be able to share this with you!
It has been sitting all finished except for the last 2 rounds of edging for a few weeks now. Last night I finally sat down and completed it.

I am so in love!
(and for the record those pretty dangly things won't be staying behind the crib. I originally had our rocking chair in that corner, and haven't had a chance to move the dangly stuff/pictures yet.)

This blanket is a whopping 4.25 feet wide x 6.5 feet long!
I made it this way because the husband is just shy of 6 feet and I wanted him to be able to snuggle up in it when holding the baby. (All 5'1" of me did not need it quite this big)

Here are some details of the blanket plus some more detail shots:
Hook Size: I
Finished Measurements: 51"x79"

Yarn Used:
Lion Bran Vanna's Choice Baby:
Duckie
Sweet Pea
Little Boy Blue
Gold Fish
Pink Poodle
Aqua


Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solid's & Heather's:
Purple
Eggplant
Kelly Green
Mustard
Fern
Colonial Blue
Pink
Dusty Purple
Magenta
Terracotta
Sapphire


Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids:
Aran
Light Fern


Red Heart Ltd. Soft Yarn Solids:
Really Red


I only used 1 skein of each color yarn (all 20 colors!) with yarn left over in each ball.
(Hence why I made scrappy a while back.)


The reason I went with acrylics?
1) I don't have a problem with Acrylic. If you look carefully you'll find that many brands are super soft and cuddly.
2) Inexpensive. This is a blanket for a baby. I fully expect for there to be lots of unpleasantness spewed onto this blanket, so spending $100+ seemed silly.
(for the record I spent approx. $40-45 dollars)
3) Machine Washable. For the above reasons.
4) Lots of color choices. I wanted this blanket to explode with color. And I think it does :)



Now for a few more detail shots:








Now to wait (impatiently) for 3 weeks until I find out the sex of the baby. Then I can get down to some serious baby clothes knitting!

1 comment:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

It is absolutely gorgeous! Your baby is going to love it!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin