Friday, June 26, 2009

Completed Projects (with a knitting pattern!)


(close ups of the bramble tote, and cotton tote)



In my last flick favorites I told you all about the many projects I have on the the needles. Well I am happy to report that 5 of them are complete. No, I did not knit from dawn until dusk yesterday (I wish. . .but then again I did spend the entire day shopping!). Four of the projects have been complete, but I was without my camera and couldn't take any pictures of the completed projects! Well the camera is back in my hands, and I've got lots of pictures to show for it! 





(granny square pillows. my first real crochet project)





(granny pillows in the newly finished 3rd bedroom)



(full length view of the cotton tote)
I've included links for the patterns to every project except the cotton tote. This is because I made the pattern up myself. If you like it and want to make one for yourself here is what you need to do:

Yarn:  Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton  1 skein of Almond, and 1 skein of Strawberry
         Worsted Weight Handspun from Sunrise Lodge Fiber Studio on Etsy (mine was Monet)
Sz 9 Circular Needles
A pair of purse handles (mine came from JoAnn's)

CO 72 sts, place marker and join to work in the round
(This gave me a bag width of 10.5", but you can cast on any number you'd like)

Starting with the strawberry lion brand yarn, work each skein of yarn for two rows (knit all rows) to achieve the stripes. Work until the bag measures 12" or desired length. Seam the bag shut at the CO edge, and attach the lining to the BO edge (unless you have a preferred method of lining bags).

To line the bag I machine sewed a rectangle out of the amy butler fabric and then hand stitched it to the bo edge of the bag. Before sewing it in place I attached the handles to the bag by whip stitching them in place by the rings. That is it!


And last, but certainly not least, if you like the yarn I used in my granny square pillows you can get it at The Natural Dye Studio. I highly recommend you try this yarn if you haven't before. It is my favorite yarn. ever. In fact I need to end this post so I can find the perfect lace weight yarn to start my Swallow Tail Shawl!

1 comment:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

You busy bee! You' croche pillows are super! Well done, I knew you could do it! :)
Now, where is that Anne Lace scarfs? ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin