Monday, June 15, 2009

Squirrels

In my family there is a big fascination with squirrels. I have a younger cousin who believed he was a squirrel as a small child, and I live with a man who may very well believe he should be a squirrel (he would probably deny this if asked though). 

My mom has given my brother
 and I a handmade doll since we were born (a raggedy-ann for me and a pig for my brother). So naturally after I married, and even when we were just dating, my mom began to make Squirrels for Lee so that he felt like one of the family.

We all thought the squirrels were fantastic (though raggedy will always be my favorite) and I kept bugging her to consider selling some of her plushie goodness online. So you know what? She finally listened, and did! Pine Hill Forest is her brand new shop, and you all must check it out! I'm not saying this because she's my mom, but because she makes really fantastic plushies. (My favorite is Roger

It's just squirrels for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if you saw 
a kangaroo or two down the road :)  Stay tuned as she is creating new guys and gals all the time!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin