Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blue Swap


So as I have said a million times before, I love Ravelry.  Because of Ravelry I've discovered amazing yarns, people, and patterns, and yes, even learned to crochet! One thing I had never done on Ravelry before though was a swap. I had looked through swaps many times (swap hats! or swap blanket squares! -you get the idea) but I had never found one that I truly wanted to do. Until I saw the Blue Swap.  

The rules were simple: swap 100g of blue yarn and whatever other blue items you wanted that totaled a set sum of money. Mail your package out and wait to receive one in return. I had most of my blue package ready before the swap officially began, and began to think about what goodies would lie in my package. Little did I know it was going to be the most awesome box of blueness I had ever seen! My package came from a wonderful woman named Evey. Evey YOU ROCK! Now for a picture montage and list of beautiful blue things I received: 

(what I saw when I opened the box!)


(everything in the box after unwrapping)


(close up of tea: licorice, blueberry, and peppermint, a red lollipop, some Eucalan wash in Eucalyptus (yay, love this stuff!), a beautiful purse holder named stephanie (awesome!), a pair of beautiful blue earrings, some blue gum, and last but not least a blue tube of mascara)






 (A wonderful smelling candle- coastline, wonderful smelling lotion -Ocean Breeze (I am the worlds biggest fan of the ocean so this is RIGHT up my alley) and Yan Yan's! I looove Yan Yan's but have only ever had them in chocolate. The Vanilla Cream Yan Yan's are Waaaay better!)




(Last but not least a beautiful blue scarf, a beautiful shawl pin and a book of shawl patterns! Evey must be a mind reader because I've been looking at shawl patterns for a while as it is something I've never knit before!)


You can go ahead and be all kinds of jealous now! Thank you SOOOO much Evey! This was my first swap and I don't think I could have been paired up with a better swap partner! Now I'm off to knit a scarf! :)

1 comment:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Wow, you sure got spoiled to pieces! Man, what an awesome package that is! I must do a swap on Ravelry when I find a bit more time on my hands.
Super - I just know you are walking on clouds now! :) Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin