Monday, June 8, 2009

Pillow Talk



Do remember a long time ago when I asked
Mitsy to crochet me a Queen Ann's Lace Scarf because I was incapable of crocheting anything? Well with lots of help and a lot patience on my part (I don't know how many times I wanted to give up and just go knit something!) I finally managed to learn to crochet! And since I'm sure you're all wondering what the first project is going to be. . .yep, you guessed it! A Granny Squares Pillow! 
The credit for coming up with this lovely pillow belongs to someone other than myself. A wonderful Raveler named Alison made it first, (check it out on her blog) and I shamelessly begged her to tell me what she did to achieve such a beautiful pillow. (Which she happily did!)

6 Squares down and 12 more to go! I'll post pictures when it is done of course :) If you can crochet I highly recommend making one. The Granny Square pattern can be found here. 

Now get out your hooks and get to work already! (preferably outside, which is where I am headed to work on a few more of these beautiful squares!)


1 comment:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Oh wow, it's going to be great! I'm so glad we can talk crochet language now! LOL :)
Don't make me knit though! ;)
Well done, Stephanie, I'm sure you're enjoying the process 'cause after a few squares, there is just no need to think about the pattern anymore, is there? :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin