Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Scrappy



I've been working hard on a very large crochet afghan.
(7 feet or so)

It is made up of granny squares and 20+ different colors. This of course means I have an abundance of scrap yarn.

And I have an issue with throwing any sort of left over yarn away. Even the smallest little ball of it. So I decided to whip up a quick baby blanket with my scraps. It is essentially one giant granny square with a shell edging (my favorite edging). Here are the details:


Hook Used: Size I/5.5mm
Finished Blanket Size: 35" Square

Yarn Used:

Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solids:
Purple
Eggplant
Kelly Green
Mustard
Colonial Blue
Pink
Dusty Purple
Magenta
Terracotta
Sapphire

Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Baby:
Little Boy Blue

Red Heart Ltd. Soft Yarn Solids:
Really Red

Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids:
Aran


Shell Edging:
You can find the pattern for the shell edging on Lucy's (Attic24) blog here. You will need to scroll half way down the page, past the crochet bag instructions, to the "Shell Edging."


That should about do it!
Oh, and another picture of the finished blanket before I go:



6 comments:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

What a lovely afghan, Stephanie! How long did it take you to finish?

Stephanie said...

Thanks Mitsy! It took me about 5 days to make :)

Everlasting said...

Beautiful, lovely color et nice border. Bravo once again for your great work and the nice pictures. :)

Jess said...

Hi, this is Jess from Lion Brand. Your afghan is absolutely gorgeous, and your photography really captures the beauty of the colors. Great job!

With warm regards,
Jess H.
Lion Brand Yarn

Stephanie said...

Thank you everyone! I'm so glad you all like the blanket. I think it turned out pretty fun myself :)

Unknown said...

I am such a sucker for a rainbow and this blanket is AMAZING! Well done!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin