Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dodo


A few days back I was asked about a custom order.

This time it was for a custom card.
A Dodo Bird card.


I hadn't drawn any new images for my cards in a while and I thought this would be a great opportunity to get me back into card illustration mode. Of course, I immediately said yes!

This customer knew exactly what she wanted, which made it super easy for me to design the card she was envisioning. She wanted the dodo image on the front with a small, sweet, and personal message for her late son, and Fun Facts about Dodo's on the back.



And can I just say the 'Fun Facts' were really quite fun!? Things like:
- Dodo's are related to pigeon's
- Dodo's are extinct but not from human consumption, as they were not a pleasant tasting bird
- Dodo's were flightless and fearless
- Dodo's were often mistaken as 'dumb' because of their natural curiosity and sweet nature



I wrapped up the last of this order today, and I've rather fallen in love with the little Dodo illustration. I'm thinking he might need to be a permanent fixture in the shop.

What do you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin