Monday, August 3, 2009

Green

You might remember back a few months when I participated in a blue swap on ravelry. Well I enjoyed it so much I decided to have another go, this time with a green swap!

I just received my package from Rachel over in London, and it is fabulous!! She sent me a skein of 100% organic merino wool that reminds me of the ocean and is the softest thing ever! It is from The Yarn Yard which I have heard of, but never tried before. I have a feeling I’ll be hooked on this. She enclosed a fingerless glove pattern made just for this yarn which I will be knitting up as soon as I have a few other projects off the needles.

She also sent me two beautifully illustrated cards, which I adore! She noticed that I am an illustrator by profession and thought I might enjoy some illustrated goods. (which I do!)  She also gave me two beautiful green buttons straight from a button box she inherited from her grandmother, double point needle protectors, a cute green origami peace crane, and a book of “poems on the underground.” 

I especially loved the poem book as it was like a little piece of London being mailed to me, and very very unique. I had been to London back when I was an art student in college and when I saw where my package hailed from it brought back lots of happy memories! Thank you so much Rachel! This was a wonderful package! :)

And now a picture to make you all drool: 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin