Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Flickr Favorites - The Weekend



Being that it was Easter Weekend, we headed north on Thursday evening for a nice visit with my family. The weather was beyond beautiful. It was bright and sunny, and I was able to wear skirts every single day (yay!)

I busted out the clubs and brushed up on my (not so fantastic) golf skills. When my arms no longer wanted to swing back and forth I headed to my mom's house for hours and hours of sewing. We made about half a dozen of these adorable wrist cuffs, as well as two tote bags, a couple zippered pouches, and lots of embroidered felt brooches to adorn said pouches and totes. She did the sewing, I did the embroidering and fabric picking!

I also spent some time working on a crocheted floral blanket which is part of a crochet-a-long on ravelry. Right now the look of the blanket is secret, but when it's time I will certainly share pictures. It is my favorite crocheted project to date!

And of course, Easter would not have been complete with a little Easter Egg hunt (even if my brother, husband, and I are well into our 20's) complete with candy and 3 gift cards to a coffee shop (of which I was the only person to not find a single card).

I had a wonderful weekend, and hope you did too!
Tomorrow you can be on the look out for a new animal in the shop :)











Like the flickr favorites and want to make one of your own?
Head on over to Mitsy's blog and sign up!

2 comments:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Glad you had such a lovely Easter. I'm so jealous that you got to wear skirts already! Today was a nice warm day and I spent it entirely outside! ;)
I owe you a convo - will do soon - sorry for being so slow.

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Easter :) I'm into my 30's but I would have loved to have had an easter hunt where I could have found a coffee card *grin*. Have a lovely week :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin