Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Flickr Favorites - Party Time



The end of April/beginning of May brings with it a multitude of birthdays. Now I'm not complaining, because I love, love, loooooove celebrating birthdays, but the April/May onslaught always creeps up and catches me by surprise. This year, like every other year, was no different.

We have:
April 23 - my grandma
April 24 - the little brother
April 29 - the husband
April 29 - a delightful friend from across the pond
May 10 - my dad

And of course we always have a little celebration for Mother's Day thrown in there too!


Normally we celebrate one or two together at a time, but this year we're doing it all at once this weekend. My mom always gives us the choice as to what we want cake wise on our birthdays and I'm very interested to see what happens this year with us celebrating them all together. We are all quite predictable and I think there is a strong chance the table will be full of:

Carrot Cake (the dad)
Angel Food Cake (the brother)
Pie, any flavor (the husband)


And I could just keep on listing what we predictable people would eat:


White, White cake (me)
Toffee Chip Cheesecake (grandma 2)
Key Lime Pie (my pop)
Grasshopper Pie (my mom)

You can see out of everyone I really do request the most boring combination. I just love white cake with white frosting though. On my 16th birthday I convinced my mom to even style the 'white, white' cake like a mini wedding cake, making the top tier my sole slice. She has yet to do that again.

Either way, it will be a great weekend full of pies, cakes, and presents galore!
And after the May birthday all be quiet until August, when it will be time for my Pop and me to party on down :)


1 comment:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Haha, ship some of the left over pie to me sweet! I'll virtually send you a slice of Lemonpie! :)
Happy birthday to your family except to you and your pop of course! ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin