Friday, June 6, 2008

Up, Up, and Away!

Well I was hoping to accomplish a ton of work this weekend, but it looks like it is not going to happen. Lee (that would be my other half) has just landed a new job, so we are headed up state for a 5 day mini-vacation (to my family) before he starts. I am going to bring the laptop, but I highly doubt I will accomplish half of what I was envisioning..sigh. At least I know our babies our going to have fun! Lee when we first brought Piper home
(maybe she thinks she's a parrot?)
Nicholi and Piper playing with the same toy
They love visiting my family because they can run around in their yards without leashes and do doggie things. Luckily we live really close to Valley Forge National Park and the dogs still get plenty of outside time, however never leash free. ALSO, they are going to meet one of Piper's sisters when we go up! My grandparents fell in love with Piper when we got her, and ended up with one of their own:
Maggie
And if you thought we weren't dog crazy yet, there will also be my parents dog, Juliette, all up in the mix! ( She is the biggest of the bunch)

Miss Juliette
Since this post has become less about me being unable to get any work done, and a whole lot about dogs, I'll take this time to tell you a little bit about our Nicholi. We rescued him when he was 3 from a Lhasa Rescue. His owner had surrendered him claiming he was too much of a 'guard dog.' The rescue believed that his owner had picked him up and threw him to try to get him to stop barking. He's needed A LOT of love and patience, but rescuing a dog is about the best thing in the world. -If you're ever considering rescuing, do it! Just be prepared for some work in the beginning..and know eventually the love and trust they give you will out way any negative behaviors they came with.
Nicholi and myself during his first leash free adventure outdoors
Well now you can see why I'll probably not accomplish half of what I intended to, but I am still going to try like mad to have everything ready for a shop update in the first half of next week!
Have a good weekend everyone!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin