Thursday, March 4, 2010

Garden Squares II

I just can't get enough of that scalloped edging!






Well I have officially finished my second Granny Squares afghan. This one is for my mom. They aren't the colors I would've picked out (shh, don't tell her that!) but I actually think it turned out pretty nice!










Here are the official details:

1) The Pattern for the Summer Garden Squares can be found here.

2) If you like the scalloped edging that is finishing my blankets you can find that pattern on Lucy's (Attic24) blog here. You will need to scroll half way down the page, past the crochet bag instructions, to the "Shell Edging."

3) There are a total of 40 squares in my blanket. Each square is made up of 5 rounds.

4) I used a size 5.5mm/I hook.

5) The yarn I used was:

Caron Simply Soft -1 skein (315yds) in Country Blue

Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solids -3.25 skeins (552.5yds) in Linen

Red Heart Ltd. Eco-Ways - 2 skeins (372yds) in Lichen

Red Heart Ltd. Eco-Ways - 2skeins (372yds) in Aquarium

Red Heart Ltd. Eco-Ways - 2.25skeins (418.5yds) in Chamois



In total I used 2,030yds of worsted weight yarn for this blanket, and it cost me right around $27.50 to make.


I think that covers most of the details! Now I am off to make my third (yes third) Granny Squares blanket for my Grandma who has decided her living room needs a pretty crocheted afghan too! I couldn't hardly tell her no though as she has knit me two living room afghans :)


1 comment:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

WOW Stephanie! When do you do this all? It's amazing. I think your mom picked really pretty colors though! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin