Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Flickr Favorites - Picnic



Everyday feels a little bit more like spring. The sun is shining a little brighter. The grass is getting just a little greener, and the snow is all but gone.

It's not quite time yet, but I am gearing up for one of my favorite spring/summer activities:

Daily picnics in Valley Forge.

We have a favorite tree to eat under, and a favorite time of day to go. We use the same blanket, basket, and dishes. There is little change to our picnic routine other than what sandwiches I make for the outing. The dogs love it too because they can run around on extended leashes and chase the various bugs and sticks that they find.


I guess for now we'll have to be content with walking out there everyday :)










Want to make your own flickr favorites? Head on over to Mitsy's blog and sign up!


5 comments:

Giselle said...

Lovely..!

Clair said...

Don't you just love this time of year, full of promise for the sunny days to come? Gorgeous spring colours - looking forward to picnics too :)

Courtney said...

I grew up about 2 hours north of Philly, yet I've never been to Valley Forge. I might have to make a day trip this year. Enjoy your springtime weather. Picnic season is just around the corner!

ArtMind said...

Bliss! Picnics are the best!
We don't do 'em enough really but you've inspired me! :)
Will write you soon -sorry I've been slacking a bit but then I felt that I totally deserved that! :P
I'll put a little something in the mail for you tommorrow! ;)

Stephanie said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments :)


And yes Courtney, you should definitely make a trip to Valley Forge if you can. It is lovely!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin