Monday, July 6, 2009

And the Good Times Keep on Rollin. . .



Ever since I've learned to crochet, I haven't found any time to knit! There are so many fun and interesting patterns whose look I could not hope to duplicate with two knitting needles. My latest creation? A Zig-Zag Scarf motif (affectionately called my Hippie Chick Scarf) made up of no less than 10 different yarns. 

Which brings me to the difficult topic of throwing yarn away. When does one throw yarn away? How little is too little to keep? I have been unable to answer this difficult question, and with the Hippie Chick Scarf I feel like I may never have to answer it. This bad boy uses up skein ends in the most beautiful way possible!

The pattern is one of Alison's creations (the same person who brought us the WONDERFUL Abigail's Scarf) Want to make this one yourself? First off you have to be a member of Ravelry. It's free and fantastic, so if you knit or crochet this is no reason for you not to belong to such a fantastic group! You can find the details for making this scarf right here on Alison's Ravelry Page. -And do browse through the rest of her work. It's fantastic!  

(Have I reached the limit on the number of times one can use fantastic in a single post?)


In Etsy news, expect a new animal by the end of this week. It's a cute one for sure. . .and dare I say, fantastic!?

1 comment:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

I love the pattern! Is it hard to crochet zigzag? It looks difficult! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin