Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Flickr Favorites -(re)Decorate!




Sorry for the lack of posts recently folks. I've been so busy with life that my little blog has been left out to dry. I promise (even in the midst of the holiday season) to amp it up a bit! And those two words got me thinking. Which two words you ask?Holiday. Season. This is just the busiest time of the year in my household. I have to tend to my two little etsy shops, my home, and my family, and (if I can) me. 

With less day light it has become infinitely more difficult to get the dogs out for their daily walk to Valley Forge. Owning only one car means I can't do it unless my husband is not at work. 

With family in and out of our house for holiday visits, the clean-up tasks have become infinitely more time consuming.

In the winter my husband has a far greater chance of getting seriously ill because his immune system is suppressed (from having lupus and chronic kidney failure). This of course means I can't get sick, because then I run the risk of giving it to him! And yep, right now I am sick. I clocked in with a fever of 101 yesterday.

And despite all of that I still want to decorate the house for the upcoming holiday(s). We don't do Thanksgiving here so I really mainly want to decorate for Christmas. 

I really want to make those snowflake curtains in picture four, but I am not that talented of a paper snowflake cutter.

I really want to frost cookies with the technical skill of picture number one, but the most I can hope for is that the cookies might taste okay. (I'm no master chef.)

I guess for now all I can do is admire these works on here while I dream of the day when I can decorate with such flair!




Want to play along? Hop on over to Mitsy's blog and sign up!

2 comments:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Healing vibes for you my friend!
Stay away from Lee - just isolate yourself in a room with lots of paper so that you can get your papercutting skills right! LOL
I've adored them since I first saw them on Flickr I think! Love it!
Take some time to breathe too, sweet!
Life here is busy too...

Stephanie said...

Oh MItsy I think that is a good idea! Perhaps I will stow away with some paper until I feel better :)

At least tomorrow you can see the ripple blanket I finished! YAY! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin